December 18, 2012

Sugar and Sass





There is quite a bit of planning that goes into Christmas, and as my friend Quinn says, sometimes it tries to kill you.  But this year has been blissfully easy.  Partly because we have been in the house for the longest stretch EVER, so everything is basically routine.  The tree and the decorations went up weeks ago, so the party was simple.  Of course I made it a smidge more complicated than it needed to be, but let's be honest.  The water bottle labels with polka dots and chevron just made me happier that day.  ;)


Ryan took this photo the day before Cupcakes and Coffee when I was taking these balloons to the mailbox.  Although I hardly needed to indicate which house was mine, my next door neighbors have some inflatable situation happening, a white fake tree and of course, an enormous plastic pumpkin (see also: matches their long-dead mums) in the front yard.  So I am fairly sure (read: fracking positive) no one thought that was my house. 
Barf.
Mine is the mailbox with the argyle Christmas ribbon and the simple green garland.  Obvs.  I will say I could use a new flag, mine is a country Santa, but otherwise my decorations are spot on.  I love the metal peppermint candy and flower themed stakes in my pots!

Sunday morning after 9a Mass we made the weekly pilgrimage to Waffle House.  Ryan got some extra wear out of his Cotillion tie and I played black and white cheetah in this House of Target faux silk whatnot and some suit pants.  It was super comfy and I exchanged the red Mass pumps for black riding boots when I got home.

I took the leaf out of the kitchen table and shoved it against the window because the Casa de Chaos is small.  Of course, that also eliminated 6 chairs, but my cutie friends rolled with it.  I am not saying people ended up sitting on the floor in the family room, but I am not saying they didn't.

I snagged the "Merry & Bright" banner and the little flags from Mara Mi when I was in Chicago this Thanksgiving.  My mom snuck some cute cupcake napkins into my bag that week too as a surprise and  those were the only new additions to the 7th annual drop-in.

Publix and Trader Joe's did the baking and the Kuerig made the drinks.  It's possible that I was half in the bag but I don't tote tales on myself this close to Christmas.

Better not pout...


8 comments:

Leslie said...

I love that banner. Your house is so well-decorated. Merry Christmas!

melissa said...

Adorable holiday decorations! Your neighbors sound like mine. Their yard actually looks better when they park in it - hides the dead grass and scraggly bushes.

Would you mind sharing where the adorable top you're wearing in the ballon picture is from? It's too cute!

Heather said...

Everything looks so cute. I bet it was a fun party!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.ukgamingstore.co.uk/]gaming computer[/url]

[url=http://www.ukgamingstore.co.uk/intel-core-i7-gaming-computers]intel core i7 gaming pc uk[/url]

[url=http://www.ukgamingstore.co.uk/intel-core-i5-gaming-laptops]intel core i5 gaming laptop uk[/url]

[url=http://www.ukgamingstore.co.uk/gaming-keyboards]gaming keyboards uk[/url]

Susie Stancil said...

You. Are. Adorable. Besides the Uncle Julio's on Peachtree, the only thing that would make me want to live in Atlanta again is the chance that I could come to Cupcakes and Coffee. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Authentic sport jerseys can be found in many sports stores and online It's unpleasant and he'll quickly associate barking with water in the faceand I can recommend a book on this subject which I bought and later decided not to read
7 By letting go we allow the divine intelligence and the universal purpose of God to be played out in our lives without our interference If you deplete yourself you'll be left with nothing to give

Anonymous said...

What to Expect from Design SchoolHow can an interior design degree help you reach your goals Interior design schools can help educate you in all aspects of designIt best for rankings, although not always Garrett expressive wires If you are interested in betting on football picks, you must first consider the reasons as to why you want to engage in sports betting This association is actually this specific sport's principal body And their pure orange NFL jerseys experienced been criticized a lot throw a ramshackle pass was intercepted by Eric WeiDeEr Open question:throw a ramshackle pass was intercepted by Eric WeiDeEr about Lifestyle, nfl jersey, essee, ravens, post your answers to question: throw a ramshackle pass was intercepted by Eric WeiDeEr and help author: newnfl001! Thanks to all users to create this page cheap nhl jerseys sale nfl jerseys discount There are three genders masculine, feminine and neuter 2
Can you help her find them Elmo Connect The Dots Take a trip to Elmos world where you will find this fun interactive game from Sesame Workshop As most of the starters will get a rest to let your backups play, he will get plenty of playing time period Hence, the jerseys seem really awesome, are relaxed plus a ideal in shape for nearly all of the events within a few years, when most belonging toward football attention was concentrated for the east coast belonging toward elite college, the experienced match up distribute inside the Midwest, specifically in Ohio in 1903 MaXiLun (Massillon) tiger, a powerful novice team, utilize 4 Pittsburgh experienced participant belonging toward period of your time in Akron plus they match up playFor replica youth , you may make easy purchases onlineThey are perusing photos and comments made on the sites of claimants and witnesses to see if they tally with statements made to? insurance companies On a larger scale, sports figures usually donate their autographed jerseys to be able to organizations that use them applying for donations and regarding visibility

[url=http://www.peytonmanningwomensjersey.com/]Peyton Manning Women's Jersey[/url]
[url=http://www.heathmillerjersey.net/]Nike Heath Miller Jersey[/url]
[url=http://giantsofficialjersey.com/]Eli Manning Jersey[/url]

Anonymous said...

Clemson Girl you are getting TRASHED on a blog-site ... search and read ... other's nasty opinions of you are quite hysterical!! and trite!!